We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
A the time of writing this information is limited to statisitc from Performance cookies, comments you may add to relevant pages and information that you send to us via our contact details page.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, search strings and website navigation);
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing our email notifications (including your email address);
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
The Carshalton Water Tower and Historic Garden Trust Web Site uses the following types of cookie:-
We use Google Analytics and Statcounter to analyse the use of this website.
Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google will store this information. Opt-out of Google Analytics cookies
For more infomation about Statcounter please visit their website
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
(3) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention);
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(5) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(6) Policy amendments
(7) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
(8) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.